TRT World is looking for a correspondent to join our bureau in Washington D.C.
• Working under the direction of an Executive Producer to produce distinctive coverage for TRT World, your main duties & day to dayresponsibilities will include:
• To produce high quality in house news packages, video walls, graphics,produce/ report in the field and to be available for on-set analysis, asrequired.
• To continuously improve, update and freshen up stories throughout the day with additional elements, angles, perspectives and news information
• To deliver on the screen live or recorded segments and in the field packages
• To pitch genuine story ideas through daily and weekly planning meetings
• To be always available for deployments and meet field assignment objectives
• To ensure compliance and implementation of TRT Editorial Values and Style Guides
• To collaborate with producers within your team and across the newsroom,as well as with the news desk and online, cultivate a collaborative approach tonews gathering and delivery across the channel
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in television news, including television news production.
• An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
• Previous experience in a national or international broadcast news channel.
• Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
• Experience of or appreciation of the benefits and difficulties of cross-platform working.
• Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, international politics, public policy, world business and economicaffairs, Sciences and the Arts.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.