A Craft Editor works with a producer and correspondent to edit media, video, audio and graphics into a cohesive, editorially strong finished product, suitable for broadcast to our audience with appropriate titles, graphics, audio mix etc.
- Editing a variety of items for output.
- Liaising with editorial staff.
- Quality checking all content.
- All work will be completed to a high technical standard.
- Possess the ability to listen and effectively communicate ideas.
- Be a team player but also able to work independently.
- Able to make sound editorial judgements about shot and audio selection, sequences and story telling.
- Have sufficient judgement to complete the work without guidance from producers, journalists or other editors.
- Sound knowledge of broadcast technology.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least five years' experience of being a video editor in a television environment.
- Experience in long-form craft editing.
- Comprehensive operational knowledge of their editing software and hardware.
- An understanding of voice-over recording and sound mixing.
- An understanding of how to use and incorporate graphical elements.
- A good knowledge of colour-correction and legalization techniques.
- Knowledge of news and current affairs.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good spoken English.