We are looking for a colleague to work for TRT Arabi as a Correspondent in İstanbul .
As part of the Bureau teams you will be responsible for producing highly crafted broadcast packages and provide engaging lives for TRT Arabi. You will also generate news-making and analytical content for TRT Arabi's website and other digital platforms. You will initiate news stories and cover both breaking and pre-planned news. You will provide the country or regional expertise of events. TRT Arabi will be distinguished by its excellent field-focused journalism. You may be required to work for the Middle East Region.
- Recognizes a news story, researches and gathers the required material and to assemble for broadcast, and narrates it clearly and confidently on air and through written digital content.
- Gathers news using contacts and sources through personal interviews, wire services, news briefings by the government or press releases sent by companies.
- Follows all the latest developments and works with the bureau executive producer and the Istanbul based newsgathering team to set the agenda of news for the channel.
- Works effectively as part of a team, co-operating with other members and demonstrating a collaborative and supportive approach in order to achieve the end result of delivering TRT Arabi's requirements for original, human focused, distinctive journalism.
- Works well under pressure and is able to cover a diverse range of stories across different parts of the region when required. Equally comfortable dealing with minute-by minute breaking news and for longer on exclusive investigations.
- Senior journalist with considerable reporting experience over a number of years. Articulate and confident on air both in delivering live reports and in studio discussion.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team by co-operating with other members by demonstrating a collaborative and supportive approach.
- Camera / Edit experience would be an advantage.
- Works well under pressure and for long hours.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience.