We are looking for a colleague to work for TRT Arabi as a Programme Editor in İstanbul, Turkey .
· To build high standard TV news run downs on the system and to take to air bulletins that are editorially sound and visually engaging for the audience.
· To ensure that all bulletins or news shows regardless of the duration are freshened up and updatedthrough the day with revised headlines, text, graphics, copy, creative and other elements etc. so that segments' time sare accurate and properly implemented.
· To react swiftly and professionally to breaking news events; to break format where appropriate; and to lead the output producers team to ensure world class coverage.
· To have efficient and collaborative communication with the newsroom, gallery teams, anchors and news desk throughout the day and to be ready for short notice calls to the gallery in breaking news scenarios.
· To mentor and up skill Deputy Programme Editors and and Producers.
· To maintain an up to date knowledge of global events and trends and proactively take part in daily editorial meetings and suggest original story ideas.
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
· Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic.
· Experience in building programme rundowns & live gallery television production.
· An excellent journalism skills with strong editorial judgement.
· Experience in television news or current affairs, including at a national or international broadcaster.
· Experience of leading a team and managing producers to meet editorial goals and programme deadlines.
· Knowledge of news room production systems and desktop editing.
· Excellence in writing and editing programme scripts.
· Experience of or appreciation of the benefits and difficulties of cross-platform working.