As TRT Network, we believe in reaching our audiences on their preferred platforms through innovative formats that make us relatable to our community. Be it in our websites, social channels like Facebook and Twitter or in our very own digital entertainment platforms, we’re looking for a candidate who understands and shares our goals to create a unique user/audience experience for each platform.
Data & Analytics Team
The Digital Data& Analytics Team consists of Data Science, Data Engineering and Machine Learning teams which work very closely with each other as well as external business units from content and product teams. Our role is to collect,transfer, transform, aggregate and use data to provide proactive services to business units with both holistic and detail-oriented approaches. We visualise,model and analyse data to extract useful insights that are extremely valuable in strategic decision-making partnerships.
This Role: Senior ML Engineer
The Senior ML Engineer reports to the ML Team Lead. He/She is self-motivated and responsible for training, deployment and maintenance of our ML services. You are expected to have curiosity and a very strong interest in ML and AI applications,especially in the media, broadcasting and e-commerce industries. The current challenges of this team include but are not limited to content recommendation,personalisation, metadata extraction and enhancement from audio, video and text across multiple languages including Turkish and English.
We seek strong candidates who will play a key role in building the appropriate machine learning frameworks and ML-Ops in advanced analytics projects and products. The candidate should be able to build and work with big data infrastructures, platforms as well as deploy and integrate machine learning models in the cloud and on-premise environments. We expect him/her to track the most recent advancements in the open-source community to help us stay on the cutting edge of technology.
He/She will be responsible for:
● Mentoring young talents towards their speciality
● Communicating with the business partners to inspire them with the potential of ML in their goals
● Making sure that good quality of data is collected to model high performing models without bias
● Deployment and monitoring of production level ML models on cloud and on-premise compute resources
● Monitoring the quality of deliverables
● Create and update documentation around all services
● Continuous monitoring of data input for data and concept drift occurrences
● Contributing to continuous improvement within the organisation by sharing your knowledge and experience
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Although an academic background in a related subject would be appreciated, what more important is a passion for creating robust workflows that work flawlessly with complex requirements. We believe all team members must carry a problem-solving personality with an openmind. Familiarity with Data Analytics and Data Engineering objectives is nice to have for this position.
● Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking, creative problem solver capabilities
● Strong intellectual curiosity and proactive thinking
● A critical thinker with very strong attention to detail
● Degree in a computational field related to mathematics, computer science or other related quantitative areas
● More than 5 years of hands-on experience in machine learning tasks
● Excellent command of Python and PySpark/Spark
● Good command of software architecture knowledge is required
● Excellent programming skills, computational complexity knowledge and computer architecture awareness
● Strong knowledge in the following fields:Recommendation Engines, Churn Prediction, Customer Segmentation, Personalization of User Experience and Predictive Analytics
● Academic or industrial exposure to at leastone real-world application of cutting edge deep learning models such as NLP,STT, TTS and Computer Vision
● Programming skills with one of the deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch) and theoretical background on Deep Neural Networks
● Excellent understanding of statistical modelling, predictive modelling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms.
● Working knowledge in Docker
● Hands on experience in cloud computing(preferably AWS)
● Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum,Kanban)
● Familiarity with development processes (GIT,Kanban, DevOps, CI/CD)
● Proficiency in Linux environment
● Strong interpersonal credibility, reliability,and service mentality with high ethical standards
● Good written and oral communication skills in English