The Planner -Scheduler is responsible within the channel where accurate daily playlistinformation is compiled and distributed between Transmission and archive andingest to insure the stories told by TRT international broadcasting channelsare 100% accurate and compelling, and are delivered in line with the overallprogramming and channel strategies plans.
Create innovative daily playlists from theschedules of the channel
Work closely with transmission on adjusting orchanging the daily playlist as required
Work closely with other internaldepartments
Maintain the programs inventory in order toassess which titles are in stock and check delivery dates
Schedule Promotions in line with promotionsstrategy
Schedule commercial airtime in accordance withcommercial rotations
Monitor delivery of commercial copy and issuecommercial nos. as required
Prepare and deliver to Transmissioncontingency schedules as required for system maintenance
- Compile monthly stand-by one hour schedule & breaks
KEY SKILLS,EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Significant experience of working in the newsmedia industry.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of ateam.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload, set priorities and lead others.
- Self-starting and ability to think laterally.
- Problem solver.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, Arabic is a plus.
- Minimum 6 years experience.
- BA degree in any discipline an advantage.