We are now hiring for Presenters covering a range ofsubject areas including News All applicants are required to submit a link totheir presentation.
The presenter's duties are primarily to present,either individually or as part of a team, a wide variety of news and currentaffairs material for the screen.
• Presents the channel's news output, eitheralone or with a colleague, with whatever that entails in terms of reading newsitems and lead‐ins, conducting live interviews and presenting unscriptedcoverage of breaking news stories as required.
• Writes oredits material for programme scripts, bulletins and links, exercising editorialjudgment, maintaining professional journalistic standards and adhering tostation policy and legal and contractual guidelines.
• Undertakesinterviewing and reporting duties, under broad direction in both recorded andlive situations, in studio or on location.
• Preparesand presents bulletins, which may include assessing incoming copy, sub‐editingnews copy and deploying the necessary resources.
• May berequired to work a shift pattern to serve the needs of a 24 hour newsorganisation.
KEY SKILLS,EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Must have aproven track record in journalism with extensive knowledge of news and currentaffairs.
• Demonstrated first class news judgment.
• Obviousaptitude for or experience of presentation.
• Must beconfident and assured on screen
• Must have aclear speaking voice and demonstrable confidence in front of the camera.
• Should havethe ability and confidence to ad‐lib confidently when required.
• Should havethe ability to conduct interviews with a wide‐range of interviewees with flairand authority.
• Fluent inboth written and spoken English.
• Minimum of7 years experience.