As TRT Network, we believe in reaching our audiences on their preferred platforms through innovative formats that make us relatable to our community. Be it in our websites, social channels like Facebook and Twitter or in our very own digital entertainment platforms,we’re looking for a candidate who understands and shares our goals to create a unique user/audience experience for each platform.
Data & Analytics Team
The Digital Data & Analytics Team consists of Data Science, Data Engineering and Machine Learning teams which work very closely with each other as well as external business units from content and product teams. Our role is to collect, transfer, transform,aggregate and use data to provide proactive services to business units with both holistic and detail-oriented approaches. We visualise, model and analyse data to extract useful insights that are extremely valuable in strategic decision-making partnerships.
This Role: Machine Learning Engineer - Team Lead
The Machine Learning Team Lead reports to the Data & Analytics Manager. He/She is self-motivated and has a creative mind to extract feasible and useful Machine Learning tasks within the organisation. You are expected to have curiosity and a very strong interest in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applications, especially in the media, broadcasting and e-commerce industries.The current challenges of your team include but are not limited to content recommendation, personalisation, metadata extraction and enhancement from audio, video and text across multiple languages including Turkish and English.Your clients will include archives, digital products and content management teams. You are expected to start and maintain active collaboration with these teams to improve the quality and efficiency of their services.
Responsibilities for this role covers the complete life cycle of Machine Learning from communication with business units,data preparation, modelling, evaluation, deployment and active monitoring.
He/She will be responsible for:
● Team building and being a motivational leader for a growing team
● Mentoring young talents towards their speciality
● Leading business units and inspiring them with potential improvements that Machine Learning can help
● Making sure that good quality of data is collected to model high performing models without bias
● Deployment and monitoring of production level Machine Learning models on cloud and on-premise computer sources
● Monitoring the quality of deliverables
● Create and update documentation around all services
● Managing Machine Learning-Ops end to end within the organisation
● Continuous monitoring of data input for data and concept drift occurrences
● Contributing to continuous improvement within the organisation by sharing your knowledge and experience
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Although an academic background in a related subject would be appreciated, what more important is a passion for creating robust workflows that work flawlessly with complex requirements. As being a leadership role, we also care for a problem-solving personality with motivational leadership and mentoring capabilities. Familiarity with Data Analytics and Data Engineering objectives is nice to have for this position.
● Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills — you’ll be meeting with stakeholders to address their needs using your data science skills
● Previous experience in technical team management is preferred
● Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking, creative problem solver capabilities
● Strong intellectual curiosity and proactive thinking
● A critical thinker with very strong attention to detail
● Degree in a computational field related to mathematics, computer science or other related quantitative areas
● More than 7 years of hands-on experience in machine learning tasks
● Excellent command of Python and PySpark/Spark
● Good command of software architecture knowledge is required
● Excellent programming skills, computational complexity knowledge and computer architecture awareness
● Strong knowledge in the following fields: Recommendation Engines, Churn Prediction, Customer Segmentation, Personalization of User Experience and Predictive Analytics
● Programming skills with one of the deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch) and theoretical background on Deep Neural Networks
● Academic or industrial exposure to at least one real-world application of cutting edge deep learning models such as NLP, STT, TTS and Computer Vision
● Excellent understanding of statistical modelling, predictive modelling, machine-learning,clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms.
● Working knowledge in Docker
● Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban)
● Familiarity with development processes (GIT, Kanban, DevOps, CI/CD)
● Proficiency in Linux environment
● Strong interpersonal credibility, reliability, and service mentality with high ethical standards
● Good written and oral communication skills in English