We are now hiring forProgramme Editors in our Istanbul newsroom for news, business and sport.
The Programme Editoris responsible for producing news bulletins, managing graphics production,editing scripts and vt for bulletins, and live gallery production. Workingunder the Executive Producer, the Programme Editor is responsible for producingexciting, up to date and accurate news bulletins.
Newsroom, live galleryproduction, building running orders and at least 8-years relevant experienceare all essential requirements
· Build and produce accurate, balanced, impartial, informative,up-to-date and viewer focused bulletins or News programmes.
· Write scripts, headlines, promos and main pages in bulletins, includingediting the best, most appropriate pictures to match
· Manage and motivate teams.
· Brief presenters, directors, producers and interview desk, toensure the bulletin plan is executed successfully.
· Live gallery production and quick decision making during BreakingNews and live events.
· Ensure content and coverage is consistent with TRT World'sEditorial Policies and values
· Read in and have an overview of international stories throughavailable sources (news wires, agencies, newspapers etc.).
· Generate and discuss ideas with the news teams and producers to decideon what stories we should cover and how.
· Review packages and reports and make comments.
· Approve and suggest guests.