The Camera Operator works with remote studio cameras in multi and single camera operational conditions, producing pictures for directors by combining the use of complex technology with creative visual skills. You will have experience on camera robotic tripods and heads and be fast in delivering the shots needed by the director in a creative way.
- Operating cameras in a variety of configurations under direction on recorded and live programming.
- Working quickly and accurately to the instructions of the director.
- Ensuring the match of various operating cameras in a studio to the same colour and light balance.
- Carrying out routine maintenance and first‐line fault finding as necessary
- Interacting and maintaining good working relationships with other members of the production team.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Evidence of theoretical competency and good technical abilities.
- Excellent hand‐eye co‐ordination, hearing and colour vision.
- Experience in operating cameras in a live studio environment.
- Experience of operating cameras for a 24 hour rolling news channel an advantage.
- Ability to remain focused at all times.
- Innovative, creative and observant.
- Physically fit.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.