TRT World is looking for a Planning Producer to join our bureau in Washington D.C.
· Generate research and develop story ideas.
· Be a respected member of the planning team.
· Assist in finding case studies, and briefing the news editor on logistical issues.
· Prepare and supervise diary entries, gather news information, source guests and filming and online opportunities.
· Liaise with reporters to help them develop broadcast packages and digital content.
· Book guests.
· Manage relevant permissions and clearances for filming.
· Other newsroom duties in newsgathering or output as required by 24-hour news cycle.
· May be required to work on location on big news stories.
· Extensive existing contacts with news sources.
· Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to manage workload, set priorities and lead others.
· Self-starting and ability to think laterally.
· Fluent in both written and spoken English.
· Minimum 4 years experience.